- Customers can pay bills, buy cellphones, tickets, lotto, electricity and even insurance at Shoprite’s new k’nect stores
- Six more k’nect stores opening before mid-August 2019
- Global money transfers at k’nect stores and Money Market counters are cheaperer than any other available transfers, no hidden costs and convenient for customers
The Shoprite Group is making it easier for its customers to access services such as global money transfers, cellphone purchases, bill payments, tickets and insurance with the launch of its new k’nect stores across the country.
Following the successful launch of the first Shoprite k’nect at the Delft Mall in Cape Town on 27 May 2019, the Group is opening another six stores between end July and mid-August 2019. The new k’nect stores will be located in Hatfield, Rosebank, Riverside Mall, Mmabatho, Watergate Mall and Illanga Mall.
Several more Shoprite k’nect stores are scheduled to open by December 2019 and promises to offer convenience and expert knowledge on a range of affordable products and services to the Group’s tech-savvy, connected customers.
Each store includes specialist tills for those transactions that take a little longer, including money transfers (local and international), tickets (travel & events), insurance and cellular (devices and accessories). Express tills cater for quick transactions, including bill payments (accounts and bills), airtime & data (top-up and recharge) as well as buying electricity and Lotto tickets.
Shoprite k’nect is about putting customers first. Bye bye ordinary, hello amazing!
Global money transfers to 100 countries
Global money transfers to 100 different countries, from rates as low as 3%, can now also be made at selected Shoprite k’nect stores or at the Money Market counter in selected Usave, Shoprite, Checkers and Checkers Hyper stores across South Africa.
Customers can register for this service:
- By visiting one of the new k’nect stores or the Money Market counter in selected Usave, Shoprite, Checkers and Checkers Hyper stores that currently offer this service;
- Via USSD by dialling *134*562#;
- Via telephone by calling phone 021 300 3838;
- Or by visiting www.shopritefinancialservices.co.za
The global money transfer service is available to South African and foreign nationals who have proof of ID, is cheaper than any other available transfers, with no additional commissions or hidden costs, and is super convenient to use.
Customers can pay in-store or transfer funds by EFT or cash deposit at specified banks, and recipients can receive funds via bank transfer, cash pick-up or mobile money, country dependent.