Checkers has signed up the millionth customer to its new Xtra Savings programme, just a week following its launch on Monday 14 October.
The Checkers Xtra Savings card is helping consumers to make huge savings in tough economic times and discounts are clearly marked in store. Some of the incredible offers currently available include:
- 750ml Johnnie Walker Blue Label for R1 799.99 (save R1 000)
- 2kg OMO washing powder for R39.99
- 1.35kg Weet-Bix for R49.99 (save 30%)
- 400g Pot O’ Gold tomato & onion mix for R9.99
- 1kg Flora fat spread for R39.99
- 1kg Toscana macaroni or spaghetti for R14.99
- 800g Clover gouda or cheddar cheese for R69.99 (save R40)
Checkers introduced its Xtra Savings card to demonstrate its loyalty to customers. There are NO points. NO tiers. NO levels. Just instant cash savings on groceries and drinks.
With Xtra Savings customers get extra cash savings on more than 1,000 products every month just by swiping their card at the till. Discounts are clearly marked in store, and savings automatically reflect on the till slip. Other benefits include:
- Cash savings on specially marked products every week
- Personalised offers on products you buy and love
- Birthday surprises and special perks
- VIP previews of upcoming offers and promotions such as Black Friday
- Automatic entries into store competitions and a chance to win free shopping every time you swipe
- Make every swipe count as Checkers will donate to beneficiary organisations that fight hunger
– Neil Schreuder, Chief of Strategy & Innovation for the Shoprite Group
Customers can sign up quickly for Xtra Savings for free in-store or by using any of the following paperless channels:
- Add Checkers (+27-87-240-5385) as a WhatsApp contact and say “Hi!”
- Scan the QR code on the back of your Xtra Savings card (available in store) and sign up online
- Dial *134*885*CARDNUMBER# and follow the prompts
- Download the Checkers app from your app store.
Visit any Checkers, Checkers Hyper or Checkers Liquorshop and pick up a card to start getting real rewards.